Skip to main content
Question

Arc seems too quiet

• 29 June 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi, 

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide. I am a huge music listener but, on the whole, consider myself fairly tech illiterate. I just got married and our first gift to ourselves was a Sony 65” Bravia 4K OLED XR A80L. My dad wanted to buy a soundbar for us, and he planned to gift us the JBL Bar 700, which he currently owns and I’ve listened to before.

After chatting with the salesman at Best Buy, I decided to go with the Sonos Arc instead. He mentioned that I would not necessarily need a sub woofer, but I knew it’s something I would eventually get. After setting it up, I’m honestly pretty disappointed with the overall sound quality. Even with the volume in the 80s listening to music, I expected it to sound…more full? The bass seems to be lacking and overall it just sounds kind of hollow and again, nowhere near as loud as I would expect for how high I turned it up. 

I’ve read lots of Reddit threads and the answers to this topic seem to be all over the place, ranging from others having the same problem, to some saying if the volume gets around 50 it shakes the whole house. Is it possible I have not properly adjusted all the settings on my tv? Could that be impacting the sound? I also feel like the addition of a sub would not totally revamp the sound like I’m expecting, but maybe I’m wrong. I have a Marshall Woburn speaker that absolutely cranks, and for the money, I expected the Arc to at least sound as good as that. 

I recognize this is not a Sony forum, but I feel like my question is twofold - is it possible the tv settings need to be adjusted, and is there something I may have done wrong when setting up the Arc? Installation was really easy and I followed all the steps in the app. I just feel like something must be missing. 

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

So,  i have the arc also and have installed them too.

the difference with or without a sub is staggering.

maybe you could somehow find a way to do a test .  Everyones ears are different,  but the sub does complete it