ARC - Resume music after tv

• 21 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

We play music in the house all our waking hours.  When we do watch TV it’s with the ARC.  It switches from music to TV pretty well.  However, when we are done with TV and turn it off the music does not resume.  If we tell Sonos to play music it will play at the higher TV volume we have set. 

Any way to “ resume “ after TV?

Any way to have a default MUSIC volume ( to go back to when we go from TV back to Music ) 

4 replies

We play music in the house all our waking hours.  When we do watch TV it’s with the ARC.  It switches from music to TV pretty well.  However, when we are done with TV and turn it off the music does not resume.  

I personally would not want music to resume when I switched off the TV - especially at the end of the night, when switching off TV and heading off to bed. So I hope that feature never becomes available on Sonos, but I guess it’s each to their own.

If we tell Sonos to play music it will play at the higher TV volume we have set. 

Any way to “ resume “ after TV?

Any way to have a default MUSIC volume ( to go back to when we go from TV back to Music ) 

• If using the Sonos App, then you can simply set the volume required and play music to the Arc room.
  • If using SVC (or Alexa etc.) - then you can also simply set the volume first perhaps. See below example… 

"Hey Sonos, set the volume in the Living Room to 20%” 

"Hey Sonos play some music in the Living Room"

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks for the suggestions.   I’m aware the the multi step voice command and also the app control. 

I would suggest an option / switch .. that would allow the arc to pair again with the other speakers and to resume music.   Just an option / setting.    Just like switching from music to TV ( just reversed ). 

Our habits are different. One hour of TV maybe a day, early evening, then back to work for a few hours on projects.  Music plays from 7:30 am until about midnight with a short TV break. 

Userlevel 7

Thanks for the suggestions.   I’m aware the the multi step voice command and also the app control. 

I would suggest an option / switch .. that would allow the arc to pair again with the other speakers and to resume music.   Just an option / setting.    Just like switching from music to TV ( just reversed ). 

Our habits are different. One hour of TV maybe a day, early evening, then back to work for a few hours on projects.  Music plays from 7:30 am until about midnight with a short TV break. 

If you use an iOS device, you can probably create a shortcut or automation using Soro in conjunction with Apple’s Shortcuts to trigger the transition to resuming music playback easily:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/soro-for-sonos/id1550457805

• Open the Sonos app on your mobile device.
  • Go to "Settings" > "System" > "Music Playback" > "Music Start Volume."
  • Adjust the volume slider to your desired default music volume.

There is music playback in the app.  This would be awesome