arc producing harsh pronunciations especially with s's

• 17 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hey everyone. I had auto updates off and was on 14.10 but a few days ago the system updated on it's own. I've given it time and have done truplay and it sounds terrible. The pronunciation of s's are so harsh no matter what I do. Trueplay on/off, lower treble. Nothing works. At higher volumes it's unbearable, makes me feel nauseated. Is there anything you can suggest. Ran trueplay with ipad gen 8. Arc 2 subs gen 3 and 2 ones and a beam. Thanks.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Perform Trueplay with a different iOS device. Also be sure Speech Enhancement is disabled.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Perform Trueplay with a different iOS device. Also be sure Speech Enhancement is disabled.

With speech enhancement off it's too dull and hard to understand dialogue and the overall volume gets lower. I spent most of my day adjusting the eq etc. and it's not so bad now. The bass is back but the sound signature and volume is what's really annoying. I thought they put the volume back to what it used to be. No sweet spot. It's either too low or too loud and harsh. So bummed out. My updates were turned off, and my system never should of updated on it's own.