Answered

Arc pops after TV shuts off

• 15 March 2021
  • 2 replies

I have an LG Nano Cell 90 with HDMI Arc out to a Sonos Arc and have a Sonos sub, when I shut the tv off after about a second or 2 the Arc will pop. I can't seem to correct the issue, any advice and tips are appreciated. It is SUPER ANNOYING!

icon

Best answer by Corry P 15 March 2021, 12:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @joegoad1 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

That certainly shouldn’t be happening. First, I recommend that your remove power from your TV and Arc for a minute or so.

If the issue keeps happening after that, please submit a diagnostic and record the number given. Next, connect the Arc to your TV with the optical adaptor. This is not for a solution - just a test to see if it’s any different.

Please then get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system. Trying the optical connection is something they’ll suggest you do, so doing it first saves you a bit of time on the call. Give them the diagnostic number from before trying the optical connection, let them know if the optical connection is any different, and if you want Atmos support make sure that they know optical isn’t good enough for you.

If you have a second TV, connecting the Arc to that is also a great test - if the Arc does the same on a second TV, be sure to tell technical support.

Thank you so much for the tips and advice. I will certainly give your suggestions a try.