Answered

Arc Philips Hue Sync Box no eArc

• 11 December 2021
  • 3 replies

I have an original LG oled B6 TV which does not have eArc.

Currently I am using a Denon 5.1.4 setup and have my sources plugged into the Denon and my 2nd HDMI out into the Syncbox, everything works perfectly.

Is the HDMI on the Arc bi directional?

Would this work

Sources-SyncBox-Arc-TV

As from my understanding going this other route loses me Hi Res audio

Sources-SyncBox-TV-Arc as would

Sources-TV-SyncBox-ARC which would also render the syncbox useless

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 11 December 2021, 13:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

The Sonos Arc needs to connect to the HDMI-Arc port 2 (I believe) on your TV, directly or indirectly - it uses the Audio Return Channel to play the sound from your TV - I assume you currently have your Hue Sync Box Switch connected to one of your other TV HDMI ports and that your connected devices (Cable TV etc.) are attached to the Sync Box. Your TV doesn’t support uncompressed TrueHD Atmos Audio in this type of setup, but you could perhaps consider adding the HDFury Arcana into the mix to bypass the TV. See the attached diagram that I have adjusted to show you my thoughts for your setup.

Thanks Ken

You are almost correct regarding my current setup. Everything is connected to the receiver, which in turn is connected to the Sync box

And the Arcana would then still connect to the ARC input?

Is the device plug and play, I have tried HDFurys products before and gave up trying to configure it.

Thanks Ken

You are almost correct regarding my current setup. Everything is connected to the receiver, which in turn is connected to the Sync box

And the Arcana would then still connect to the ARC input?

Is the device plug and play, I have tried HDFurys products before and gave up trying to configure it.

I don’t have the Arcana to comment as I use one of these instead…

Feintech VAX04101A

https://feintech.eu/en/products/feintech-vax04101-hdmi-earc-pass-switch-4x1

This is plug and play and it works great with my TV setup and a Beam (Gen2)… it’s like the Arcana but with a ‘switch’ built-in. I didn’t suggest it as you have the Sync Box as your switch already, but you can of course use the Feintech product in place of the Arcana if you need the extra HDMI inputs.