Answered

Arc not showing atmos

• 15 February 2023
  • 7 replies

I have a Sony XBR-75X750E that was hooked up to a Marantz Receiver and pre amp with high quality  hdmi (9.1. System). I now downgraded essentially to the arc sub and rears setup  but don’t have any Atmos sound or it doesn’t show in the app when before I was doing so with the bigger setup. Anyone know know why? I have the inputs to enhanced, arc is in “arc” etc

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 15 February 2023, 06:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

Use these settings on your TV (if available):

Digital Audio Out: Auto 1

Dolby Digital Plus Output: Dolby Digital Plus

Pass Through Mode: Auto

What specific Dolby Atmos source(s) are you testing?

Ok so I put these settings and still getting the stereo pcm on the app. Iv tried purchased movies on apple movies, Netflix, Disney on the Apple TV 

Userlevel 7

If it’s an Apple TV 4K, you usually need a TV with eARC to get Dolby Atmos audio. Your TV isn’t equipped with eARC. You may just have to settle for Dolby Digital 5.1. If you set Change Format on the Apple TV to ON and set the Audio Format to Dolby Digital, what audio format does the Sonos app display?

It says Dolby digital 5.1

Userlevel 7

If you want Dolby Atmos audio from your Apple TV, you either need a new TV with eARC or you need to add a device like the HDFury Arcana that will allow the Apple TV to bypass your TV’s limitations and send audio directly to the Arc.

Got it thank you so much! 

Badge +1

Downgrading from that Marantz 9.1 to your current setup is a huge drop off in sound.  I have a Denon 7.2 system on a 75” Sony as well and it is awesome.  Sound is much better playing 4K BR discs rather than a streamed video.  Especially with Atmos.

Tim