Arc not playing sound when TV turned on

• 26 December 2020
  • 4 replies

So I set up my Arc on a Panasonic viera TV which has an hdmi arc port on hdmi 2.

on set up with TV turned on Sonos could not detect an hdmi arc port until I changed source to hdmi 2 away from TV when it then connected and sound then came from the TV when I switched the source back.

since then when I switch the TV on there is no sound until I changed source to hdmi 2 and the arc wallpaper and back to TV source again.

music seems to stream fine.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

So I set up my Arc on a Panasonic viera TV which has an hdmi arc port on hdmi 2.

on set up with TV turned on Sonos could not detect an hdmi arc port until I changed source to hdmi 2 away from TV when it then connected and sound then came from the TV when I switched the source back.

since then when I switch the TV on there is no sound until I changed source to hdmi 2 and the arc wallpaper and back to TV source again.

music seems to stream fine.

If you have any ‘other’ devices connected to your TV HDMI ports - try leaving them disconnected and see if the issue still occurs. My thoughts are that one of your ‘other’ devices is also using HDMI-CEC and stealing away the ‘focus’ from the Arc - its then a case of finding which device it is and switching off its CEC control.

Got an Apple TV 4K device attached and Nintendo switch so guess most likely the former? 

Hmmm still not resolved it? App was showing an issue to ‘fix’ re hdmi and couldn’t find arc port until I changed source to hdmi 2 arc port away from TV source

😞

Hmmm still not resolved it? App was showing an issue to ‘fix’ re hdmi and couldn’t find arc port until I changed source to hdmi 2 arc port away from TV source

😞

I would check for TV firmware updates and then maybe speak with Panasonic. It sounds like a TV issue if you have removed the devices from the other HDMI ports. There might by a TV setting to disable ‘auto-detect HDMI’ activity.