Skip to main content
Answered

arc &. era100s doesnt both play with tv n music

If I listen to music, the arc into era100s both play as they are set up insurround but with the TV era 100s don’t play

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

I’m assuming the Era 100s are set up as surrounds with the Arc, correct?

What model TV do you have? What do you normally watch? From what app and what device? What audio format is displayed on the Now Playing screen in the Sonos app when playing TV audio?

Try to find shows in 5.1 or Dolby Atmos audio when possible rather than in Stereo.

Hello,

1. Yes, its set up as surrounds with the arc
  2. 58inch samsung UN58tu700df   couple yrs old
  3. dolby atmos is displaying when  watching tv  (via roku)

thank you,

Unlike the ‘Full’ setting for music, the surrounds are not going to be always producing sound for TV sources.  They function for ambient sounds like wind or rain, or directional cues, like an off camera voice or a bullet whizzing by.  Try playing a surrounds heavy scene, like the opening to Saving Private Ryan (5.1), the first scene in episode one of the latest season of Stranger Things (Atmos), or the trees burning in Roma at 1:03:25 (Atmos), both on Netflix.  Those scenes light up the surrounds like no others.

If you still can’t hear surrounds and the Sonos app is displaying 5.1 or Atmos, you may want to contact Sonos support.

Thank you yes I got it working now.

I had to raise the volume on the surrounds a little and did the balancing procedure where you walk around the room and elevate and lower your phone