Answered

Arc + Era

• 11 March 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

i got an arc, two subs and a sonos amp pushing two rear speakers. i want to use the era as front firing height channes - is that possibe? i could care less about rear upward firing channels.

for such an expensive ass speaker, i assumed they would be clear about something like this but i can’t find literature on it anywhere. i also agree with the other poster that they are too big for atmos and practically a waste of their size when just used for atmos. 

icon

Best answer by nik9669a 11 March 2023, 18:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

i got an arc, two subs and a sonos amp pushing two rear speakers. i want to use the era as front firing height channes - is that possibe? 

No. 

Sonos soundbars, like all soundbars, already contain the front left, center, and right speaker.  There is no way to use a soundbar as a center only speaker at this time.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

i would assume most users want the soundbar to be a directional center channel while using dedicated atmos through separate speakers. hopefully that comes soon enough. until then i’m not going to spend ~$800 on two rear firing speakers that are overkill. 

i would assume most users want the soundbar to be a directional center channel while using dedicated atmos through separate speakers. hopefully that comes soon enough. until then i’m not going to spend ~$800 on two rear firing speakers that are overkill. 

I wouldn't count on it.  There's never been a soundbar that could be used as a center channel, by any manufacturer, ever.  I don't see Sonos as bucking that trend.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Soundbars are, by their nature, the front 3 channels. Otherwise you have 3 individual speakers. Sadly, Sonos do not (currently???) have any amp/processor/speakers that support this arrangement. It’s often been asked for, but so far has gone unanswered. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Then they would buy a dedicated center speaker, not a soundbar. Most Sonos users (type: has money but not much technical sense and not willing to get it) seem to be satisfied with their soundbar. Sonos does not do centers, probably because they do not see a market for them (yet).

Sonos, please allow era 300 to be front left right speakers  instead of allowing only as rears.  Understand arc already has left and right channels but they are weak.  Would prefer proper left right channel and let the arc be the dedicated centre channel.   This would be great for those who wants to further improve their home theatre setup and would hurt those that doesn’t want to.