Answered

ARC connectivity with samsung tv

• 24 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi, when I connect Sonos arc with a couple of years old Samsung tv, tv says a device supporting atmos connected. however, from there on the source basically changes between tv speakers and arc in about two seconds intervals. Sound never comes out from arc but tc speaker instead. So no output even for a a few second when the settings says source is Sonos arc. Using Sonos supplied cable and tested million times if the eARC connections are loose. They seem not to be loose, also have tried with three different HDMI cables. Also done all cables and equipment off for 10 minutes but no cure. What should I do next. Sonon Arc works properly when using with my another (tiny) Samsung tv so Arc itself is no faulty. Could the eARC port in the television be faulty?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 24 February 2024, 13:18

View original

4 replies

It’s possible, although unlikely. Have you tried a simple reboot of the TV by unplugging it from the wall for 2 minutes? I’d also power cycle the Arc, just in case, and make sure ARC (Anynet +) is turned on in the TV’s settings. At least for testing’s sake, use the cable that came from Sonos. Finally, it may help to check for updates for the TV’s software.

If none of this helps, I’d call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

thanks, tried the unplugging thing etc also settings should be spot on.

Did this actually solve the issue? I've been having the same problem but had no luck with power cycling or various settings

What did Sonos Support say?