Answered

ARC connection issues

• 9 December 2022
  • 3 replies

I have an ARC, 2 Sonos 1’s and a sub. Everything was working well until I turned my TV on the other morning. 

My Arc is not being recognized by the system. I have run the tests through the app and it does not connect. I tried a different HDMI cable and also went to another TV but it still doesn’t work. 

I can play music though the app as well as Spitify, but I can’t get my TV to see the ARC. 

I am connected to the ARC HDMI port on the TV. 

Any Ideas?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 9 December 2022, 23:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Try this (in this specific order):

Disconnect everything from the TV including the Arc. Unplug the TV and Arc from power for a couple of minutes. Reboot your router and phone. Plug the TV and Arc back in but keep everything disconnected. In the TV settings, make sure the CEC setting is enabled. Run TV Setup in the Sonos app under the Arc’s settings and follow the instructions. When the app instructs you, connect the Arc to the TV’s HDMI ARC port using the Sonos-supplied HDMI cable. After the Arc has been successfully connected, connect any other devices to the TV.

Thanks. I will give it a try.

Thanks. This corrected the problem. Everything seems to be working now.