Answered

Arc beeps very 5 minutes

• 25 February 2023
  • 10 replies

Hi All,

Since this morning my Arc is sending out a short burst of 4 to 5 beeps (very fast in a row) every 5 minutes. As far as I know I have not changed anything in the system.

It’s quite anoying. Does anybody have a clue where this sound comes from?

edit : it doesn’t matter if the Arc is on and produces sound, the beep is still hears exactly every 5 minutes.

Thanks,

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 25 February 2023, 16:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

What if you would disconnect the  Arc from the  TV? Just to see if the sound originates from that?

Hi @106rallye ,

Thank you for your reply. I just tried that, but the sound is still heard from the Arc.

The Arc has no connections to any other device now and it’s still happening every 5 minutes.

Kind regards,

I have just reset the Arc and added all the speakers again to the group.

Still the same… every 5 minutes...

Sounds like there’s some sort of wifi interference sending data to the Sonos, or perhaps even a hardware failure inside the unit. I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic , and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

thanks @Airgetlam  for your reply.

I don’t think it is wifi interference, as it sounds like a tone that could come from the Arc…. it sounds a bit like a non-repeating ringtone (hard to explain what I mean) Nothing has changed in the wifi part of my home setup. I will contact Sonos support Monday. 

Thank you for you input, much appreciated.

When I know more, I will report back.

Go figure…. When I came in the living room this morning….  No more beeps….

Last night until 00:30 I have been watching movies, and sure enough the beeps were there. This morning around 09:00 they were no longer there. Can I see somewhere in my system if there has been a sw update of some kind? Is there a log that I can check?

regards, and thanks again for the replies.

Go figure…. When I came in the living room this morning….  No more beeps….

Last night until 00:30 I have been watching movies, and sure enough the beeps were there. This morning around 09:00 they were no longer there. Can I see somewhere in my system if there has been a sw update of some kind? Is there a log that I can check?

regards, and thanks again for the replies.

If you did submit a diagnostic report when the noise was occurring and noted it’s reference, then I would still go onto log the issue with Sonos Support on Monday, as they can check your report just to see if all is well with the device.

I actually didn’t submit a report as it said only on request of the support staff (or something like that) so I wanted to wait my phone call on Monday to create one.

I figured they would throw it away when not asked for…. But you get a reference I understand, and that is something you can refer to with the customer support. My bad… I did not no how that worked.

anyway, submitting a report and keeping track of the ref is always a good idea I see now. Thanks for making me aware.

Kind regards,

Jerry

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Diagnostics sent to Sonos are usually ignored unless you contact them with the ID number to discuss the problem.

You should submit a diagnostic when you have a problem, submitting one later won’t show the problem. The window is around 10 minutes before the logs scroll off.

Thanks @Stanley_4 ,

I will keep that in mind.