arc autoplay

• 26 September 2021
  • 1 reply

LG 65SM9000PUA tv with Sonos Arc

I could not get the sound output to stay on “internal tv speaker.”  If I select internal tv speaker it automatically changes back to “HDMI Arc” to play output through the Sonos Arc.

I researched the fix on this forum and wanted to share my findings.

Both the TV and the Sonos app have settings for autoplay for sound output and both must be turned off. 

TV settings to adjust:

”All settings” then “connection” then “hdmi device settings” then turn off “SIMPLINK (HDMI-CEC)”.

Sonos app settings to adjust:

“System” then select the corresponding device, for me it was “arc” then turn off “tv autoplay”

Make sure both tv and sonos autoplay settings are off and you will be able to change from Sonos HDMI arc as sound output to internal tv speakers.

Warning: when you change back to HDMI Arc input on the tv, the autoplay setting on the tv will be reactivated.  It gets annoying turning off frequently but that’s the work around.

Happy listening!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I have no experience with this, but another approach would be to insert one of the little HDMI adapters that disable CEC to ARC. Or, if you if you like adventure and have an extra HDMI cable, just break pin 13. Note that this may prevent Dolby Amos from working.