Skip to main content
Answered

ARC automatically turning itself down until mute

• 7 March 2024
  • 2 replies

My ARC is having an issue when it is connected to the TV it automatically starts turning the volume down to mute. However, it doens’t stop, it keeps lowering. It’s as if someone has a remote and is constantly pressing the volume down button. Curiously, it does not turn itself down if I just play music through it. Only when it is connected to the TV, we also don’t have a remote for the TV and only use an Apple remote. I have tried the following.

Cleaned the physically volume buttons. 

Removed Apple TV and connected it directly through the television. (Still occurrs)

Replaced the HDMI cable

Reset the television. 

Removed the ARC from the TV and played the TV though the inbuilt speakers (Dosen’t turn itself down)

I don’t want to reset the ARC just yet in case someone can pull some diagnostics data out. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I’d make a diagnostic after this happens and call Sonos about it.

OK, I fixed the issue however I will leave the post up in case anyone else has the same issue. Turns out the Apple TV remote was IR blasting the down volume button. Even with the Apple TV unplugged th TV was still registereing the volume down from its IR receiver. 

Turns out you can reset the Apple TV remote which fixed the issue.