Answered

Arc and Samsung QE65Q70

• 28 March 2024
  • 1 reply

I've connected my Arc to my Samsung QE65Q70 via the Arc HDMI, but only have PCM audio (no Dolby or DTS surround) through the Arc when playing blu ray discs on my PS5. Other audio sources, such as Netflix, do have surround. Is my TV compatible and what settings should I use to get surround sound when playing blu ray ray discs? Thanks

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 28 March 2024, 23:11

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Be sure to set the TV to these settings:

HDMI-eARC Mode: Auto
Digital Output Audio Format: Pass-Through

Set the PS5 to these settings:

Output Device: HDMI Device (AV amplifier)
HDMI Device Type: AV amplifier
Number of Channels: 5.1 ch
Audio Format (Priority): Linear PCM for gaming or when watching a DTS-encoded Blu-ray disc. When streaming 5.1 content from the PS5 or watching a Dolby TrueHD encoded Blu-ray disc, change this setting to Dolby Audio. When playing any native Dolby Atmos content or games that use the 3D audio engine, use the new Dolby Atmos setting.

When watching Blu-ray discs, there is another audio setting that must be adjusted when you start the disc. Tap the Options button on the controller, select the “…” and change the Audio Format setting to Bitstream for Dolby-encoded discs. Change this setting to Linear PCM for DTS-encoded discs.

NOTE: Your TV doesn’t support DTS pass through so you need to set the PS5 to convert all DTS audio to Linear PCM. This will result in “Multichannel PCM” audio.