Answered

Arc + Amp - Trueplay says “Lost Speaker”

• 26 November 2023
  • 8 replies

I’ve got a new sonos Arc that is connected via HDMI/Wifi.  I also have a sonos AMP connected to two ceiling speakers that is connected by Ethernet.  When I play music to the AMP before connecting as surrounds, the speakers work normally.  When I pair the AMP as “surrounds” to my ARC, and try to run true play, I get the “Lost Speaker” one of your speakers couldn’t be heard…” error.   I ran a diagnostic and submitted it - 535901999 But can’t get through to support.  My wireless setup is a ASUS Mesh netowork with Ethernet backhaul to each mesh node.  

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 26 November 2023, 20:42

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

You shouldn't have any Sonos device used as surrounds as your only wired device. Especially if you have WiFi turned off on that device. 

I misread the setup guide - my arc has to be on ethernet to use the amp with surrounds. Guh.  I don’t have ethernet available where my arc is setup.

The Arc only needs to be wired if using a Connect:Amp for surrounds.  The newer Amp can connect wirelessly.

I misread the setup guide - my arc has to be on ethernet to use the amp with surrounds. Guh.  I don’t have ethernet available where my arc is setup.

If it’s a current Sonos Amp, rather than the older Connect:Amp and it’s located within reach of the Sonos Arc over a 5Ghz wireless connection (direct between the two products) then uncable the Amp and ensure both have their wireless adapters enabled and see if that perhaps works for you. So both use a wireless ad-hoc connection instead.

Ok, you guys are awesome.  I had a 4.1 setup with two amps and a sub originally, both amps were hardwired (because I could) - so when i pulled the front amp out and added the arc, I didn’t even think of unplugging the ethernet from the surrounds.  Now up and running with the arc, sonos sub and my two klipsch in-ceiling surround speakers.  Only thing left may be adding a second sub! LOL. THANK YOU @Ken_Griffiths for the quick replies and helpful answers.

Sorry for an off-topic question, but to OP @justmikeyd - I'm curious about the Amp setup for ceiling speakers. Did you place the amp in the attic / ceiling? If so how is that working? How did you power it? If not, what is your setup?
I'm new to Sonos, just got the Arc set up. I have a pair of unused ceiling speakers and am thinking of using them similarly with a Sonos Amp in the future.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Check the Amp’s page for environmental restrictions.

Personally I’d want it easily accessible, cool and well ventilated.

Sorry for an off-topic question, but to OP @justmikeyd - I'm curious about the Amp setup for ceiling speakers. Did you place the amp in the attic / ceiling? If so how is that working? How did you power it? If not, what is your setup?
I'm new to Sonos, just got the Arc set up. I have a pair of unused ceiling speakers and am thinking of using them similarly with a Sonos Amp in the future.

my speakers are wired to a wall in my live groom.  I was able to install an amp in a cabinet near the term point and just connect up the cables