Skip to main content
Question

Arc/amp and Roam set up

• 19 May 2024
  • 2 replies

I’m sure this is simple. My husband wants all the tech but has no clue how to set things up and leaves it to me. 
we have a Roam .. easy to set up and was working nicely with no issue. 

Then he bought an arc, amp and 2 ceiling speakers and here’s where I’m at:

Arc is up and running no problem. Connected to TV via HDMI ARC port on TV  

AMP is plugged in and wired to ceiling speakers but I can’t see it on the app. I def added it and entered the pin. I saw it was connected to WiFi when I deleted and reinstalled the app so it’s there somewhere

ROAM seems to have disappeared once arc was added but a/a it was there when I reinstalled the app

Questions:

Do I need an optical adapter to connect AMP to TV (is this all I need to create surround sound from ceiling speakers?)

How can I find / use ROAM independently? This needs to be separate from TV but all I see on my app is “family room” with the Arc. 

The addition of the Arc seems to have changed everything?

can I not just use one Sonos app to control Arc and roam independently?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

More than likely you installed the Arc as a separate system.  Follow these steps:

Factory reset the Arc.

Close and restart the Sonos app.  You should have the Roam and the Amp listed.  

Add the Arc to the current system. 

Hi

thanks - I’ve now got the roam back but can’t see the arc? So the same problem but in reverse!

under system settings “your system” shows the roam

the option underneath is to add speaker/ component - this is where I add the amp / arc? I think they are there so maybe this is why I can’t add them  

when I first restarted the app, I could see all 3 but as soon as I connect to one I can’t see the others. But does this matter? The arc is still connected to TV so I guess I don’t actually need to “see” it on the app.