Answered

Apple Watch + Apple Music (Airplay)

• 9 November 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi, is there any reason on why I can’t stream music using Apple Music in my Apple Watch to my Sonos Beam soundbar?. This works perfectly with my iphone, but for some reason the Sonos device does not show up in my list of devices when I try to play music from my Apple Watch Ultra. I also tried with my wife’s Watch (Series 6) and we got the same result :-(.

Is this a bug with the Sonos Beam device itself?. 

(Adding more to this, Im able to stream music to my LG TV, which also supports Airtplay, so this should be an issue with the Beam soundbar.)

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 9 November 2022, 23:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Unlikely, since it works fine with the iPhone. I’d guess it’s an issue with the Apple Watch. However, that doesn’t explain why it works with the TV, either. The Sonos doesn’t “know” what device is sending an AirPlay 2 signal, though. It’s just a receiver. 

But it might be worth it if you were to submit a system diagnostic having used both the iPhone successfully, then the Apple Watch unsuccessfully, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.