Answered

Apple TV, Sonos Arc and Sony TV — all connected together and default sound from Arc suddenly stopped !

• 20 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge
  • Contributor II
  • 7 replies

Hello,

I was using since a year Apple TV 4K and Sonos arc together connected with sonny TV.

since yesterday  default sound from Sonos arc is stopped !!
today I check with simply connected with Apple TV and sonny tv. Over there I can get sound from my tv which seems ok for Apple TV. 
But when I connect with another port of tv HDMi with Sonos arc hdmi seems it’s no more working !!! Before the same set up was working and I was getting default sound from Sonos arc.  I tried to replace the HDMI cable but it’s can’t get sound from arc. Both Apple TV and Sonos Arc is updated with latest SW version already.

can you please suggest what other things I can recheck ?

current port setup: 
TV HDMI PORT > Apple TV HDMI port
TV HDMI PORT(ARC) > Sonos Arc HDMI port 

thanks 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 21 March 2024, 03:09

View original

2 replies

Apple TV 4K uses uncompressed LPCM (Multichannel PCM) audio by default and that needs the soundbar to be connected to an HDMI-eARC port (not HDMI-ARC) - if there is no eARC port on the TV and you’re using ARC - then set the Change (Sound-Out) Format to ‘ON’ and select the Dolby Digital Plus (compressed) audio codec instead, as that will work fine over an HDMI-ARC connection to the soundbar. 

Badge

thanks for the suggestions.
Basically I was successful with after full turn off TV with power shutdown and after restart seems all ok :)