Apple TV 4K, HD Fury Arcana, Beam Gen2 and CEC

• 4 December 2023
  • 3 replies

I have an Apple TV 4K (latest), connected to a Beam Gen2 and Sub Mini, and a very old Panasonic HD TV.

The TV lacks ARC so I use an HDFury Arcana 4K. Apple TV to Arcana, which splits to the Beam and the TV.

When I added the Arcana I found that the CEC volume control on the Apple TV now worked, and controlled the Beam. Great.

Until this morning.

First, the Sub Mini decided to disconnect itself. Reconnecting that meant essentially resetting the entire system, eventually a factory reset and starting again on both the Beam and the Sub.

During that process the CEC connection to Apple TV was lost. No amount of resetting / rebooting has got it back. I’ve completely reset the Apple TV, unplugged/plugged, reset the Arcana. No joy.

Any help would be much appreciated.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

And just like that, it works again. Unplugged / replugged the HDMI in the Beam (as opposed going out of the Arcana), and it works again!

If I were to guess, it was a CEC handshake issue….but I have no explanation why the things you tried previously weren’t working. 

If I were to guess, it was a CEC handshake issue….but I have no explanation why the things you tried previously weren’t working. 

That is exactly what it is. I’ve literally no idea what the difference was. Anyway, system is back to normal now. Fingers crossed.