Any experience with Sanus WSTV1-B2 (swivel TV) and WSSATM1-B7 (ARC) (with LG OLED 55" CX/C1)

• 22 May 2021
  • 3 replies

I’m looking at my options for using an ARC with a 55” LG OLED CX. It seems a lot of problems would be solved if I use a Sanus WSTV1-B2 with the WSSATM1 to hold the ARC. The proposed room design would have enough depth for the WSTV1 to sit on a long cupboard top. This would result in the TV screen being 24.5 cm from the wall behind and the ARC sitting in free space above the floor as the WSSATM1 holds the ARC in front of the TV. Does anyone have experience of this mounts? Does anyone have an opinion about whether this set up would work OK? My intention is to use a couple of old PLAY 1s as rears.

Thanks. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Badge +17

Hi @User199111,

From looking at both of those mounts, it appears to me that you wouldn’t be able to use both at the same time. The WSTV-B2 (swivel base) attaches using 4 screws in the back (image below) and the WSSATM1 seems to use the lower of these mounting positions to attach to the back of the TV. 

WSTV-B2
WSSATM1

I think you’d have a tough time trying to get both of these units to work together since it’s unlikely that your TV has more than 4 screw points in the back for mounting. If the swivel base unit seems ideal for your TV, the Arc could lie flat on the large base of that unit (bear in mind that this mount is designed for Playbase, not Arc, so there may be some overhang on each end) without restricting the TV at all.

Thanks for your response which has prompted me to take a closer look at the Sanus website.

Taking your points in reverse order. 

It took me a little while to realise that your comment about “design for Playbase not Arc” was about the WSTV-B2 and not the WSSATM1 which the Sanus website says was designed for the Arc. So, you are saying that I could place the Arc (1142 mm wide) on top of the base of the WSTV-BB (685.8 mm wide), even though I’d have 228 mm sticking out each side of the base. If I do this, the Arc remains fixed if I rotate the TV, I guess I need to set things up for the “normal” (ARC aligned with TV) position?

I have one question about positioning the ARC if I do this. The ARC guide says I should have a 102 mm gap between the top of the ARC and the bottom of the TV. I’ve seen elsewhere that I should have the ARC in front of the TV. Should I do both, or doing one or the other OK?

Regarding the use of the WSSATM1 and the bolts. The installation instructions show the WSSATM1 shares the bottom bolt-hole with whatever mount is being used for the TV. As to whether the WSSATM1 actually works with the WSTV-B2, I’ve directed an explicit question to Sanus support for that.

Thanks again for your help

Roger

Badge +17

It took me a little while to realise that your comment about “design for Playbase not Arc” was about the WSTV-B2 and not the WSSATM1 which the Sanus website says was designed for the Arc. So, you are saying that I could place the Arc (1142 mm wide) on top of the base of the WSTV-BB (685.8 mm wide), even though I’d have 228 mm sticking out each side of the base. If I do this, the Arc remains fixed if I rotate the TV, I guess I need to set things up for the “normal” (ARC aligned with TV) position?

I have one question about positioning the ARC if I do this. The ARC guide says I should have a 102 mm gap between the top of the ARC and the bottom of the TV. I’ve seen elsewhere that I should have the ARC in front of the TV. Should I do both, or doing one or the other OK?

Ah, apologies if my first post was confusing in any way. Yes, the WSTV-B2 is designed to accommodate Playbase and not specifically for Arc, so the Arc would simply be resting on the lower part of the stand and would remain static if you rotated the TV.

I take it that it’s this guide you’re referring to? If you do choose to mount your TV on the WSTV-B2 and have the Arc sitting on the base section, yes, it’s recommended you leave a 102mm gap between the bottom of the TV and the top of the Arc, to accommodate the up-firing speakers that will be used when playing Atmos content. I believe the comment of having the Arc in front of the TV would apply if you are unable to leave a 102mm gap, again, to give ample room for the up-firing speakers. I suppose it’s also to make sure that users are not hiding the Arc behind the TV, which would definitely reduce audio clarity.

Regarding the use of the WSSATM1 and the bolts. The installation instructions show the WSSATM1 shares the bottom bolt-hole with whatever mount is being used for the TV. As to whether the WSSATM1 actually works with the WSTV-B2, I’ve directed an explicit question to Sanus support for that.

That makes sense. I’m sorry that I can’t provide any further information on this - I’m not personally familiar with the WSSATM1, but I’ve had some hands-on experience with the WSTV-B2 (we simply call it the Sanus Swivelling TV Base). Please do let me know what Sanus say in regard to product compatibility as it’s always good to learn these things :slight_smile: