Skip to main content
Question

amazon fire stick dolby atmos beam 2

• 20 July 2024
  • 2 replies

I currently have a Beam 2, and my tv I have doesn’t support Dolby Atmos.

Iv seen that the Amazon fire stick 4K max supports Dolby Atmos. 

so my question is how would I set it up so that I can use the fire stick and beam to have Dolby Atmos. Do I need to get something to connect between the 2. Iv seen that Dolby Atmos doesn’t work with Bluetooth and just plugging them both into the tv, brings me back to square one.

I have not bought the fire stick, so any other suggestions would be appreciated. Other than buying a new tv. 

2 replies

You’d need an external device to feed an audio eARC signal to your Beam before it gets to the TV. 

There is the HD Fury Arcana, the Feintech VAX04101k, and the OREI HDA-935. You can also order from those links from the companies directly, or check your local retailers for availability. Amazon may carry some, depending on location. At this point, there may be more manufacturers, I haven’t been keeping track.

For what it’s worth, the Beam doesn’t have upward firing speakers, so Atmos will be perhaps less than you may be hoping. While the Beam can interpret the signal, you’d get more out of a Sonos Arc. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

One issue I found irritating about the Firestick 4K Max is the lack of settings for the sleep timer.  So after around 20 minutes playing Atmos from Amazon Music the Max would go to sleep.  I found a fix, but it’s one of those “use at your own risk” things.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fireTV/comments/1atyvqa/disabling_sleep_of_a_fire_tv_stick_4k_max/