Skip to main content

Hi folks….

Airplay…..well i’m just try to figure how to ask the right question here. I’ll try my best. 
The TV’s i got are more or less 10-14yo. They are all Plastma and they got HDMI ARC-connection.

Before i got the Arcana HDfury,i had my home cinema streaming movies over Airplay(yes i got a Apple tv 4K for all my TV’s). When i start choose soundsource from the side menu i turn on my Beam and turn off speakers in TV. Then press play….everything seems to be working ok….

If i watch Youtube,and there is a commercial,the Beam disconnected and only TV-speakers work. Then you need to go to sidemenu again…..choose the Beam and turn off TV speaker. 
Is there a way to fix this? Or i just buy a new TV with eARCor another eARC-extractor like an OREI or another Arcana(or a cheeper one….any suggestions?)

Which model TV?

Why are you using ARCANA if the TV supports HDMI-ARC?

I got an old Panasonic TX-P42X10Y. The other tv’s are pretty much the same.

Well from my understanding,it got something to do with eARC

Before i got the Arcana,i had trouble with soundquality and trouble with use remote and everytime i started to watch something,i had to go in the sidemenu and hook off for the home cinema and disable tv-speakers. After Arcana was installed,all trouble dissapear. But it transmit to my other tv’s with play1’s and a bookshielf-pair for the third room.

#buzz

I wanna enlight something here,and it makes more sense now.

In my head the HDfury Arcana “transfere”  a signal from a source to the Sonos Beam Gen2/ARC to give it Dolby Atmos….even when i check for output in App it just say like 5.1 or PCM. I thought this was not true cause i had the Arcana and settle with that. The weekest link was my TV(s). Anyway…my understanding now is: You can’t get Dolby Atmos from a HDfury Arcana without ALL OF YOUR DEVICES SUPPORT ATMOS. Why was there not a red flag here? If i had know this,i go ahead and purcase a Atmos-supported TV. It’s this simple: Every componet you hook on your system NEEDS to be Atmos-ready to get Atmos sound. And i thought i could solve this with the Arcana. Just a little disapointed that no one told me.

You can get Atmos with just an Arcana and no Atmos capable TV.  Thats what it is made for.  You do need to be playing an Atmos source on an Atmos capable device.  What source and device are you using?

#jgatie

Well,i have try what you claim,but no luck. When i got myself a new outlet 2022 LG Qned 55” i had the right label in the app when i play a movie. I have tried the Arcana on all of my 2010-2012 Panasonic Plastma-tv’s with my Beam gen2….no Dolby Atmos. But it all was beeing explain to me a few weeks when i saw something was coverd on this issue by someone on Youtube. So if my tv does not support Atmos,i can’t get Atmos even if i use an Arcana. Or is there some controls i have not figure out yet?

The Arcana (I do not own one) cannot play what it does not receive. If the TV does not do Atmos, you won’t get Atmos form the TV. But as I understand it you can connect a BD-player, an NVidia Shield (I have the Pro, though my Beam isn’t Atmos capable) or Apple TV. Playing from a source like that would give you Atmos if the source (a Blu ray disk or streaming service) sends it to the Arcana.