Skip to main content
Question

adding more than 2 speakers to my arc

• 14 July 2024
  • 2 replies

I bought an arc, 4 era 300s and 2 gen 3 subs. Only 1 pair of 300s will connect as surround. The other 2 can be set as a separate stereo set, but the volume doesn’t change with the arc and the timing is slightly off. 

also, the second sub won’t connect after the mandatory update, so it is now useless. I tried to plug it in with an ethernet cord and it won’t switch over therefore not connecting. 

wtf. Please help. 

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Sonos only allows one set of surround speakers to be connected at a time. You can creat another room with se second pair of 300s but as you have seen, there is a delay. 

Have a look at Sonos’ home theater recommendations;

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/blog/the-ultimate-guide-to-a-sonos-home-theater

As for the second Sub, it is not recommended to hardwire subs or surrounds if the main speaker is not hardwired. You may want to hardwire the Arc instead to see if the second Sub connects.

First you can only use two speakers as surrounds. If sending TV audio to one, two or a stereo pair of Sonos speakers there will be a 75ms delay to those speakers.

As far as adding a second sub you must first add both subs to your Sonos as individual units. They should show as “Unused” in the app. Then you may select to add one sub to your Arc and then the second. You may even be prompted to add the a sub without asking.

EDIT: @Pools-3015 types faster than I 😂