Answered

5.1 home theatre

• 16 January 2021
  • 5 replies

Sonos arc with sonos sub with in ceiling sonos rear speakers 

the question is 

is this sufficient with one sonos amp and second part question if I add front in wall speakers would this be unnecessary and if added all still on one amp to get tru 5.1 sound or better then with two sonos amps 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 16 January 2021, 21:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

You cannot add any more speakers to the front channels with the Sonos Arc.

This is what you can do with your setup:

• Sonos Arc
  • Sonos Sub
  • Two Sonance in-ceiling speakers powered by a Sonos Amp

This setup would give you a 5.1.2 system. The only other speaker you could add is another Sub, but make sure one of the Subs is a Gen 3. Two subs would give you a 5.2.2 setup.

Ok cool 

only need one sonos amp for this setup right

separately one pair per additional sonos amp for music in other rooms right ? ( one amp for 3 sets but al have same music same volume ) 

Oh with this setup mentioned by i can listen to my music on my phone through apple play

Userlevel 7

Yes, you only need one Sonos Amp to power the two rear surround in-ceiling speakers.

If you want to add more in-ceiling speakers in another room, you would need to add another Amp.

NOTE: The Sonos Amp has been designed to power up to three pairs of Sonos Architectural speakers on a single Sonos Amp.

The Arc and Amp are both compatible with Airplay.

Thanks  so much