Skip to main content
Answered

5.1.4 dolby setup

• 24 February 2024
  • 2 replies

I am looking to set my living room up with a 5.1.4 overhead speaker setup

https://www.dolby.com/about/support/guide/speaker-setup-guides/5.1.4-overhead-speaker-setup-guide/

I plan to use sonos amp+arc+sub+2wall speaker either side of tele+2 wall speakers either side of sofa+ 4 ceiling speakers as per the dolby design. Amp will be in loft with eArc link to TV via hmdi/cat6a

Question is if I can only have 3 pairs of speaker on the amp how do I connect the 4th pair so it is all in sync with the TV.

Thanks 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Why not use Arc plus one or two Subs, and Era 300’s for rear?

The Sonos system allows for a pair of surround speakers. You can’t use more surrounds in the Sonos system, although the Era 300 adds additional channels for Atmos, but it is still a single pair of Era 300 surround speakers. 

The Amp can drive two pairs of regular 8 Amp speakers. There are special Sonance Architectural speakers that allow 3 pairs, but it isn’t all Sonance speakers. There is a single stereo set of outputs on a Sonos Amp. 

If you’re set on the Dolby suggested setup, you should look at other solutions, likely not to be wireless. Or go with the system setup suggested by @nik9669a .