Answered

2022 Samsung TV remote cannot control the sound

• 19 January 2023
  • 4 replies

I have tried all the posts on connecting Sonos to Samsung remotes (optical, arc hdmi, universal remote set-up, app set up, etc) I believe the new Samsung tvs have blue tooth only communication. Has anyone had success getting a Sonos Beam gen2 to be controlled by a Samsung 2022 model smart tv remote? Thanks for help.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 19 January 2023, 11:01

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The Beam is connected by HDMI, which means the remote commands the TV, tha in turn relays the commands to the Beam via the CEC-protocol (that Samsung calls Anynet). You should not have to connect your remote to the Beam. Is Anynet turned on on your TV?

If connecting the Beam to the TV over optical, using the supplied adapter, then perhaps see this thread to perhaps have the Samsung remote working over infrared…

That said, you might want use the HDMI-ARC connection and CEC (AnyNet+) instead as @106rallye suggests, as that is the preferred method to control the connected devices these days.

Thanks106rallye, I was troubleshooting the same direction you are inputting. My hypothesis was the right frequency/code was not being put out by the TV. 

I woke up this morning and turned the tv on and now it works straight away. The systems must have needed time off to sync?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Or a new start up refreshed it. Congatulations!