Answered

2 Tv set ups from same wifi router

• 23 November 2022
  • 3 replies

• Hi I have 2 tv's on the ground floor of my house. I have a main TV which has a beam, sub and 2 ones which work well. I want to know if I can add a beam and 2 ones to the 2nd TV and obviously work independently of the main TV (and how I would do that) 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 23 November 2022, 13:19

View original

3 replies

The answer is yes - there are several ways to go about this…
You can either setup the other TV system using the same controller App/login credentials and just have it show as another room in your Sonos App, so it looks a little something like this in the Settings and System tabs:

You would just select which room you wished to control/playback too in the Sonos App, or use their TV ‘remote’ etc.

So both setups would be in the same Sonos App/Account and all running on the same WiFi network.

However you could also setup the second system completely independently by using a separate mobile controller/App, the same/different Sonos Account and/or the same/different WiFi signal.

So the Sonos system is very flexible indeed and how you choose to setup a second TV Home Theatre is entirely a matter for yourself. 

I currently have several HT setups with TV’s in the Living Room, Dining Room, Main Bedroom and Kitchen/Diner and all are running on the same WiFi, using the same controller device and Sonos account. So I can easily walk between rooms and control the setup using the various TV remotes, voice control, or the App on my iPhone or iPad - the Wife can do the same with her iPhone/iPad too.

Hope that assists - if you have any further questions then just post back.

Excellent post from Ken. I would recommend having both setups as parts of a single system. My own set up includes a TV with Arc, surrounds and Sub, plus another TV with Playbar. And 5 other "rooms" with music speakers.  Works perfectly. 

Awesome, many thanks both 👍