Answered

XGIMI Projector - Move or Roam

• 31 December 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I have an XGIMI projector which we use every Friday night and store in between uses.  At present we just bluetooth the audio to a portable speaker.    

It works well but I was going to upgrade to a move or a roam.  When I cast via bluetooth to can I thriough that connect it to all the speakers I have in the room - a couple of play ones and and a sonos 5.   If i can I might get the roam.  

Thank you

David

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 31 December 2021, 07:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Yes, but there will be a significant delay because the audio has to be buffered to send to the other speakers.  So it probably will not sync well with the picture.

Userlevel 7

You can use the Roam as a “Bluetooth gateway” by grouping the other speakers to the Roam in the Sonos app while the projector is connected to the Roam over Bluetooth. If the other speakers are in the same room as the Roam, I don’t believe there will be any delay as @jgatie mentioned.

The Move is Bluetooth compatible but cannot be used as a “gateway” like the Roam.

Read more here:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/5048?language=en_US