Question

Xbox LPCM -> LG GX -> Arc.

• 12 November 2020
  • 1 reply

I’m trying to get 5.1 LPCM to work from my Xbox One X through my LG GX to my Arc, after the new FW update that enables LPCM on the Arc. 

I have the LG GX (should be the same as CX) with that HDMI port set to PCM input, pass-through output, and eARC is enabled. 

When I first tried this, I was able to select “5.1 Uncompressed” on the Xbox, and the audio worked but cut in and out (about every second). I then turned everything off and back on, but after I did that the Xbox wouldn’t let me select “5.1 Uncompressed”, instead saying that my “AV Receiver” doesn’t support that. 

What am I missing here? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @StrayTexel, thanks for reaching out. About your question about your setup, I want to ask if what are the other devices that are connected to the TV so we can check what could've to cause the cutting in and out of sounds from the Xbox.

I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report for us to investigate further what could be causing this issue and what is the current status of your setup right now. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue. 

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.