Answered

x2 Sonos Fives to Turntable

Badge

HI guys I just bought x2 Sonos Fives for my TurnTable which has a preamp built in.

I chose to pair both as stereo - works great with Streaming services however with my turntable the speaker thats playing wireless sounds really terrible. Almost like its blown.

How do i fix this so it plays correctly?

I also need to know how to change its name as I chose “Family room” which is the same spot my Sonos arc is in and have to choose which the right one is by guessing.

icon

Best answer by riffbear 16 July 2022, 14:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 7

Check the connections on the turntable and make sure the 3.5mm plug has been fully inserted into the line-in port on the Five. 

To change the room name the Fives are associated with, go to Settings > System in the Sonos app and select the pair of Fives. Under “Name”, tap “Room” and choose the new room name.

Hi. Does your turntable have a switch to enable or disable the pre-amp?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Also try reducing the Source Level under settings for the Five. 

Badge

Shows Line1-Phono. Ive tried that. Might go get another 3.5mm to 2xrca jack.

Shows Line1-Phono. Ive tried that. Might go get another 3.5mm to 2xrca jack.

You want the Line setting.  Phono is only for phono level inputs and the Line in on Sonos is Line level.

Select the ‘Line’ option, not ‘Phono’ on your TT. I would start with the line-In source level set high at 10 in the App/Room settings for the speaker and simply reduce it if you encounter any distortion when playing at a high volume level.

Also just make sure the 3.5mm cable is seated correctly and pushed in.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Shows Line1-Phono.

Maybe it does not show “Line1-Phono” but something like “Line/Phono”? with a button that can be moved left or right?

Badge

All good i changed the lead and its now fine! Stoked, sounds amazing!

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Glad you got it sorted. I have a 15 piece Sonos system which includes 2 Fives in a stereo pair. One has a turntable connected and the other a CD player. While I love streaming HD from Amazon music, I also love being able to play my old LPs and CDs on my Sonos system 😊🥰

Badge

Glad you got it sorted. I have a 15 piece Sonos system which includes 2 Fives in a stereo pair. One has a turntable connected and the other a CD player. While I love streaming HD from Amazon music, I also love being able to play my old LPs and CDs on my Sonos system 😊🥰

Thank you! Wow 15!! Thats super cool!