Question

Wireless Connectivity With Sonos Beam, LG Projector and Macbook. HELP!

• 4 February 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi all,

I just purchased a Sonos Beam for our new apartment. Next, we’re buying a projector and really like the LG CineBeam PF50KS for its size and affordability. However, I have a concern about the connectivity between these devices as the LG doesn’t seem to have wireless connectivity and the Sonos doesn’t have bluetooth.

I need to know if it’s possible to connect my laptop (Apple Macbook Pro) to the projector via HDMI for visual only, while simultaneously connecting the laptop to the Sonos Beam via Airplay (wireless) for audio only?

Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

I would suggest:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008D66RAU/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_UZDoEbECJK7A2

broadcast video and audio to Beam through HDMI.

Hi MSterling,

Thanks for the reply! Although, I should have made clear that I really just need to know about connecting wirelessly from Macbook Pro to the Beam while connected by HDMI to the projector.

I cannot connect a cable from the laptop or the projector to the Beam because the Beam will be on the other side of the room and I don’t want cable running that distance.

Thanks!

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Sorry no experience on this.  I have done audio/video from iPhone but not my Mac.  It seems like that should work.  I would suggest contacting Sonos sales.  They might know this.