Skip to main content
Question

Will Sonos Arc perform well when place on Fire Place Mantle and behind TV.

• 16 November 2020
  • 1 reply

I have Sony 65” LED TV mounted above the fire place mantle.. There is hardly 3” inch gap between mantle and bottom of the TV.. But the TV can be extended front a bit and that way can make 6 inch space behind.. Wanted to know, if I place the Sonos Arc behind and below the TV on the Fire place mantle, will it perform well. I cannot keep the Sonos Arc in front because it will block TV’s IR reception cless than 3 inch gap and Arc is 3.5 inchs tall].

Current situation is to buy and try.

Hi @friendlyshiva,  Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Regarding your question, the most ideal setup for the Sonos Arc requires a minimum of 5.5 inches on the front and sides of it, with at least 2 inches between the back side of Arc and the TV when in a tabletop orientation. If wall-mounting, it is recommended to have a clearance of at least 5.5 inches between the TV and Arc. Hence you can still try that setup that you’ve asked and check if you can still get the full potentials of the Sonos Arc. Or we can wait for other suggestions and recommendations for our other Sonos community users who may have the same exact setup that you have. You may also check with our Sales support team on what they can suggest for this setup on the Sonos Arc. 

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.