Question

White LED light won't turn off after pausing or idle for hours

• 27 December 2017
  • 2 replies

Hello all,

I've initially have 2 play1s set up as stereo mode and only recently bought the playbar. So now am set up as 3.1 but I've stumbled into an issue.

All 3 sonos speakers white LED light won't turn off even though it has been IDLE/PAUSED for more than 8 hours. I paused it before I sleep and when I woke up the white light is still apparent.

I've hooked it up to my tele via optical cable and my tv is turned off. Turned off as it screen off. All sonos and tele power are still plugged in.

I tried searching the community and some recommended factory reset and etc. I know when we play music or in use the white LED will be there and can be switched off via the app. I'm talking about when not in use the lights are on.

Appreciate any help I can get. Previously with my Play 1s, I don't have this issue.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

The white LED is, to my knowledge, to indicate two things. First, that the speaker has power, and second to indicate that it has a connection . It should always be on, except when you, like I did, turn it off in the controller app. It's the way the system was designed. Perhaps you didn't notice it with your PLAY:1s before, but they should have been on.

To me, with many of my speakers in locations where errant light makes a difference to me, I turn them all off in the app. If I need to know if it's connected or powered on by looking at it, I can turn the LED back on.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
There was an issue with the PLAYBAR not going into an idle state when playing TV which was resolved with the 8.3 update. Make sure you've updated to that version and you should be all set.