Question

Want to reset TV speakers and remote so that I can use them without Sonos

• 22 December 2017
  • 3 replies

I had my playbar connected to my Panasonic Viera. I got a new TV and connected the playbar to the new TV and I want to use my old Panasonic in another room without Sonos speakers, but no sound is coming out of the TV. How do I reset my TV speakers and remote so that I can use them again without Sonos?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
The remote should be fine but you will have to go into the TV settings and the audio setup and re-enable the speakers. What model TV is the old one?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
For Viera from some other threads you must have done one of two things:

Through Viera link you set sound selection to Home Cinema and it mutes your TV speakers when your external speakers are on. (So if this is the case then you would go back in to Viera link and change sound selection away from Home Cinema)

enable hotel mode by pressing, at the same time, the down volume button on the side of your tv and the 'tv' button on the remote 3 times. A menu will pop up where you can set max volume to 0. (So if this is the case and you did this you would have to go back into this mode and I assume set max volume up to 100)
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
If you are in hotel mode here is also another post that shows how to turn off Hotel Mode:

"Press Setup, select Setup Menu, select Movie Mode. Press and hold MUTE for more than 3 seconds. A menu will appear. Set everything to OFF. Hotel mode will now be disabled, and you will have full control of the monitor."