Answered

Want to add two symfonisk picture frame to my current home theater system

• 6 December 2021
  • 1 reply

I currently bought a home theater system separately (waiting on the arc to get here still) but the rear speaker are too far (My house has an open two story living/dining/kitchen space) so added two picture frames in the middle of the two rooms to, what I hoped would, fill the space. Now I am reading Sonos wouldn’t allow more the two Sonos Ones that come with the home theater system. Is this true or could I add the Sonos Ikea frames as part of my surround sound system as I hoped? 

It would be a bummer if I couldn’t. I loved how seemless Sonos has been but this is a major flaw for me and the size of space I am trying to fill.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 6 December 2021, 09:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

You can have only two surround speakers. Either the IKEA frames, or the Sonos Ones. 

You can, however, set up the other pair as a different room, and when playing streaming music, they’d all play in sync. When playing the TV input, you’d need to ‘group’ the two rooms, and the second room would be slightly delayed. It wouldn’t play the surround data, but a stereo representation of the front speaker channels.