Answered

Wall mount Sonos Arc with recessed TV

• 3 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi all, I’m in the process of building an entertainment unit including an electric fireplace and a 65” TV.

Originally I was planning on recessing the tv into the wall so that it would sit flush with the surface but as I’m now considering the Arc I think this might not look right as the Arc will need to be surface mounted and not recessed.

Any thoughts/suggestions on the best way to approach this if I want to go ahead with the ARC? Should I just forgo the recessing of the TV or have others gone ahead with a similar setup? (Recessed TV with surface mounted Arc) 

Pictures would be appreciated! 

Thanks in advance. 

icon

Best answer by buzz 3 January 2021, 16:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

A contrarian approach would be mounting Arc and the TV on a pull-out arm. This approach would work best if there is a SUB. And, you should use Trueplay during setup.

Thanks for the response! So with the pull-out arm approach, would the same clearances still apply? (Arc sits 4” below the TV)

Yes, however, I suppose that one could argue that this requirement is relaxed if the Arc mounting surface is in the same plane as the TV screen, but I can’t imagine that this will be visually attractive.