Answered

volume too low.

• 22 January 2018
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
I have connected playbar and 2x play 1 to my TV, hoping that the sound will be great, however, when I turn the volume up with the tv remote control it goes all the way to about half or 3/4 before the sounds get better, is this normal?
icon

Best answer by Keith N 22 January 2018, 21:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Hi there, Baaronline. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. Do you have to do this when you play audio from streaming sources, such as Pandora or Spotify?
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
hi Keith, thanks for your response, the sound is better and loud when I play audio from Apple music service, it's only low when I switch to TV.
That is certainly odd.Would you mind submitting a diagnostic report and replying with the seven-digit confirmation number it gives at the end? Be sure to do this while playing TV Audio to the PLAYBAR.

Additionally, what is the make and model of the TV you are working with? Is it directly connected to the PLAYBAR via Optical Audio cable?

Thanks in advance.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
I will try doing that now, it's a Samsung UE55 smart tv. the playbar is connected to the tv via optical audio cable. no problems with the connection just that the volume has to be turned all the way to halfway or more before it sounds better. here is the diagnostic number 8393119
Thanks for the diagnostic report. Network connectivity looks great. Seems like this is something we will want our technicians to gather more information and troubleshoot with you in real time. Our contact information can be found here.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Thank you so much. I will give them a call tomorrow first thing.