Question

Volume level not keeping up on Sonos App

• 29 November 2017
  • 5 replies

Question - I'm a new playbar owner, I have it connect to a Sony X900e. The remote control seems to work fine, not errors, no on screen display issues. However, what I'm noticing is when I raise the volume using my TV remote, the volume goes up, but it seems to jump way up on the Sonos app. It's sort of all over the board - so one minute level 15 is a good level, but then if I turn it down and back up suddenly level 15 is blasting. I'll open the Sonos app and see while TV is at 15, the slider on the App is almost maxed out, like they don't stay in sync. Anyone else have volume issues?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You need to DISABLE the TV speakers/volume. It seems what you are doing is increasing the level of the volume input to the Playbar AND increasing the volume of the Playbar at the same time. This will result in very rapid increases and decreases in the volume output.

Maybe configure a different remote control for use with the Playbar volume? But make sure you have correctly set your TV audio options.
Thanks, I did DISABLE the TV speakers. They are off completely. I have been reading elsewhere and I think part of my confusion is that the volume number shown on the screen (which I can't get rid of on a Sony) really has no correlation with the volume of the Playbar.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
This is a snapshot of the manual

Wow - thanks - I'll make sure I have all that configured. Might help if I'd read the manual 🙂
This helped a bunch of issues I was having.

I am still running into an issue that is still driving me crazy though. When I am using the integrated Netflix or Amazon apps i have to raise the volume to be able to hear the dialogue. If i switch back to the cable after watching something on the apps, the volume is super loud. Has anyone else run into this?