Answered

volume level meter

• 2 September 2018
  • 3 replies

Hi, Bought a samsung nu8000 65" tv and for sound got the sonos playbar and sub. absolutely love this combo better then going to the theater!!! But my concern is no volume level meter showing me the volume level on screen can anyone please help me?
icon

Best answer by buzz 2 September 2018, 14:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

The display that you are seeking is provided by the TV's built-in audio amplifier. Since you are bypassing the TV's own audio amplifier and PLAYBAR has no ability to display anything on the TV screen, it is not possible to display the Volume setting while adjusting PLAYBAR's Volume.

BEAM is capable of providing this display on many TV's if one is using the HDMI connection between BEAM and the TV.
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
You could always look on the App, that will show you the volume level for the room your TV is in when playing?
Badge
I'm a new Sonos user, just bought three Playbars for my TVs. Came here for this exact question. And amazing someone else had it already. Would be really nice if there was a way to do this.

If not Volume, MUTE would be helpful. Right now, when I change Volume or Mute, a yellow light blinks. Would be very handy of Mute gave a different response than volume change. Any way to do this?

Thanks.

New User Stuart in Houston (AKA astrohip)