Question

Volume for playbar different from music

• 25 October 2017
  • 6 replies

How to controle playbar music and tv volume settings , they are out of wack, tv volume way to low compared to Spotify on playbar, so when changing in between tv and musik we jump out of our seats every time I put musik back on

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

I have a play 1- 2 plays 3, 1 play 5 and playbar
Nobody else has this volume problem?
I have exactly the same issue. I need to be at 100% volume on the TV, but when I switch to music the volume almost knocks the house down it is so loud. Fiddled with everything, reset and rebuilt everything, but the problem remains.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
No problem with my Playbase, Music and TV similar Volumes. Never got anywhere close to 100%
Userlevel 4
Badge +13
If, like me your TV source is a separate box, Humax freesat at in my case, then I can set the desired volume by adjusting the volume level of the box via its remote.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
If, like me your TV source is a separate box, Humax freesat at in my case, then I can set the desired volume by adjusting the volume level of the box via its remote.

I too have a Humax (Freesat) box. This plugs directly into the Playbar via an optical switch (as my TV does NOT pass Dolby Digital).

What I have found is that on HD channels where the audio is supplied as DD2.0 or 5.1 the volume control on the Humax remote has NO effect on the Playbar volume. Whereas on the SD channels where the audio is Stereo the remote control (Humax) DOES lower or increase the volume.

In other words you'll need to investigate your audio source for the TV and set the volume using the controller for the audio source to the maximum level and then after that NEVER use that to lower the volume (If you do what happens is that person a lowers the volume using the source remote (so in my case the Humax remote). person b then comes in and wants it louder so increases the volume using the Sonos app or remote you configured (In this case the level of the input has not changed but the volume of the Playbar has gone up). If person a then comes in and again lowers the volume using the audio source remote (Humax in my case) - you see what happens? 2 Things - 1) The level of the TV audio input goes down so the Playbar will amplify that signal more and you will eventually get horrible distortion and 2) When you set the Playbar to play music it's volume is really high and you wake up the kids.

I hope this helps