Question

Volume display on my Samsung TV

• 9 January 2018
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I have recently purchased the Sonos Playbar, play 1's and Sub. During the set up of the playback and connection via optical cable you have to change the setting on my Samsung TV to Audio out/Optical. Now every time i try to amend the volume or even mute the sound I get the same message "Audio out/Optical". I am sure during the configuration process it did say I could go back and adjust this so that it would show the volume and mute function, as it stands I have no idea what the volume level is currently running at. I hope someone can help, probably me being stupid but like I say I'm a newbie to this bit of kit!

Many thanks

Adam

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, BlueBlood-uK. Welcome to the community. You have not done any phase of the setup incorrectly and this is not a stupid question at all! However, whether or not it is possible to get rid of the "nagscreen" / error message is dependent on your television. As there are literally thousands of television models on the market, we do not have the specifics as to how to (or if you can) remove the message from your own TV. This will happen on your TV regardless of what the device connected via optical happens to be. I would urge you to speak to the manufacturer of the TV to see if they can advise as to how to remove the error message when third-party devices are connected via optical. Thanks, do let us know how you get on.