Vocals on Beam

• 28 November 2018
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
  • Contributor I
  • 8 replies
Hi,just got a full 5.1 setup,Beam,two Sonos One and a Sub,it sound ok but the Beam when watching at low levels the vocals are so quiet that I always have to put the volume up and is not very convenient specially later in the night,I’ve checked the app and adjust the Speech Mode on but still wished the volume was better,at the moment is sound similar to the tv speakers,had a chance to try the Samsung HW-N950 and that was proper sound coming out from the centre channel.Any ideas on how to increase the vocals on the Beam?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Also another issue,sometimes I don’t want to use the whole system when watching TV,even though I change to the sound Tv speaker after couple of seconds it reverts back to the Sonos System,any way around this without unplugging the HDMI?
Userlevel 2
Badge
Same problem here. The speech is so quiet with 5.1 dolby digital everything else is fine. Sonos really need to sort it out. I have two friends with the beam and have the same issue. Voices simply aren't loud enough.
Userlevel 3
Badge +6
It sounds fine on my system. I think it's issues with specific TV's. In terms of the audio reverting back to the beam, that is due to HDMI CEC, you may be able to find a TV setting that prevents it.