Question

Virgin media remote control of Sonos Beam

• 31 December 2019
  • 2 replies

Im going to by a Sonos Beam and have a question about connection and control of sound via Virgin remote.  

I have an old Philips TV that does have an HDMI/RC port but my Virgin box is connected to this and doesnt work in any of the other HDMI ports. I control the Tivo box and volume via the Virgin remote.If i connect my new Beam via the Digital audio out will i lso be able to control the Beams volume using the same remote? Thanks for any help  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

As long as this remote works via InfraRed, the Sonos Beam can be controlled by it. If the remote uses RF or Bluetooth only, then the Sonos can not read that signal. 

As a secondary comment, the Sonos responds to one set of IR commands. So it could respond to both the TiVo and Virgin remotes, as long as they are both programmed to use the same IR commands. If they’re set up to use two different IR command sets, the Sonos will be able to recognize one at a time. 

Most remotes are programmable to use a TV’s IR command set. I would think both of these are, as well.