Question

very low volume from DVD player

• 28 January 2018
  • 6 replies

Badge
hello everyone! i recently bought a playbar in hopes of building my sonos HT system. i successfully connected and installed my playbar. the volume from the television is fine and when the volume is turned up it's magnificent, however the volume from my DVD player when watching DVD movies is VERY low. even when turned up to the highest volume level it's still far too low. if i can't increase the volume more i'll have to return the playbar as i bought mostly for movies. i've attached the volume settings from my DVD player. any suggestions on what needs to be changed? i'm at my wits end.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Badge
help please!
Badge +20
Assume you have the optical out from the TV going to the Playbar? If so then you need to look at the TV settings.

If the DVD player is playing (without the Playbar involved ) is the audio low on your TV?
Badge
hi Belly M. thanks so much for your response. i have a 2011 television. there was no way to disable the speakers. so i turned the volume all the way down as instructed in the setup of the playbar. the volume is from the blu ray player is normal when reconnected it to my wired 5.1 HT system. the volume on the playbar is fine for streaming music as well as just playing a television station through my cable box, but when playing a blue ray the volume goes down more than 50%.
Badge +20
How is it all hooked up?
Badge
my blue ray player is connected hmdi2 on the tv. my cable box is connected hdmi1 on the tv and i have an optical cable going from the optical connection on the tv to the optical connection on the playbar. does this make sense?
Badge +20
Yes makes sense.

So if the blu ray player is connected to your HT system by HDMI the audio is fine but not if connected to the TV?

And... the cable Box, which is also connected to the TV by HDMI also has aceptable audio levels?

What if you put the Blu ray on HDMI 1?

Personally I would contact Sonos with the make / models of the Blu Ray player and TV in the hope they have seen this configuration before, a much more likely chance than someone browsing this forum. Sonos do support here but a phone call is quicker and they might be able to point you in the right direction for the settings needed,