Using Sonos Connect to link Bose Cinemate 130 and Sonos One

I would like to try connecting Sonos One and Bose Cinemate 130 using Sonos Connect to get audio on the Bose Sound bar and the paired two Sonos Ones. Has anyone tried this? I don't want to sell my Cinemate to get Playbase/Playbar.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

The connect can output to optical, coax or analog. Looking at the Bose, it looks like all of those can be inputs, but they aren't labeled all that well. So I would tentatively say, yes.
So, If i play content from let us say Apple TV, it will play both on my soundbar and sonos one at the same time?
Badge
Yes. That's true... I've checked and connected similarly and it is working perfectly now...🆒

This is my website, connected to google now. If anyone faces any issues in Google or any of its products, one can easily go and visit https://googlesupport.co/
Does not work. I have connected the Sonos Connect's optical out to Bose Cinemate's optical in. I was trying to play content from apple tv (which is connected to one of the HDMI inputs), I don't get sound in Sonos, it still plays in the Bose sound bar
I’m confused. You have the sound going in through the HDMI input on the BOSE, correct? Why would the “optical input” on the BOSE be sending out any signal, and why would the optical out on the Sonos be able to receive that data?

Assuming we really are talking about a CONNECT here, you’d have to take an analog out ( generally RCA ) from the BOSE and connect it to the Analog in on the CONNECT. Once the cable is connected, the line in controls would then appear in the Sonos controller app, and you would be able to adjust the levels as necessary.