Using Sonos Beam to watch television

• 24 July 2018
  • 4 replies

Why won’t the sonos beam play TV sound when you turn the TV on? Is there a setting someplace? I shouldn’t need to f around with my phone to watch TV.

The beam is connected to my Samsung TV via HDMI on an Audio channel. Sound plays once I select TV from my phone, but it’s crazy to need to log into an app on your phone to listen to your TV.

Also, what’s up with one hour+ wait times with Sonos customer support?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Turn on AutoPlay in the room settings for the Beam. When the TV comes on, it will switch to the TV input.
Thank you. I’ll see if that works!
This isn't working for my with my Roku TV. Everything else works perfectly. But if I start listening to music with the SONOS app, and then turn on the TV, the music keeps playing. I can easily switch the input to TV, but I had hoped it would be automatic.

PS. I checked TV Setup, and it confirmed that the TV is connected. Everything works great otherwise, once I set the source to TV.
This isn't working for my with my Roku TV. Everything else works perfectly. But if I start listening to music with the SONOS app, and then turn on the TV, the music keeps playing. I can easily switch the input to TV, but I had hoped it would be automatic.

PS. I checked TV Setup, and it confirmed that the TV is connected. Everything works great otherwise, once I set the source to TV.

Did you set Autoplay to 'On' as suggested above?