Question

Using Pandora while playing XBox One

• 4 November 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge
Is there a way to listen to music while I play a game on XBox? I'll start a song on Pandora through the Sonos app and as soon as I press a button on the XBox controller it switches audio back to XBox.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Turn off "Autoplay" in the controller app for the TV. This means you'll need to change the input every time you've changed it, though.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
You can either turn off Autoplay as Bruce mentions, or unplug the optical cable from the Playbar. Either way, there's manual action needed depending on what you want to be listening to.
Userlevel 7
Badge +16
I turned the Audio output off in the XboxOne menus, my son uses his headset anyway so saves the Playbar randomly switching back to TV mode.

If you turn Autoplay off make sure all the people that watch TV know how to control and switch sources through the app, leaving Autoplay on was the only option in my house..