Answered

Use Homepod mini's with Beam instead of Sonos One SLs for Surround Sound

• 2 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Have Beam connected to TV thru ARC
Can I add 2 Homepod Mini’s to the “Family Room” for surround sound sound instead of One’s?

icon

Best answer by Paul A 2 January 2021, 19:27

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @jrthorne.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand that you wanted to create a home theater system with your Beam using 2 Homepod Mini instead of the Sonos One SLs. Allow me to share some information to help out.

Allow me to share with you the guide about Surround sound guidelines and limitations which has the lists of Sonos devices you can use as surrounds to your Sonos Beam. Unfortunately, you can only group and bond Sonos products to another Sonos products. If the products you wanted to setup with your surrounds does not show on the Sonos App (which includes third-party WIFI capable devices), they cannot be used as surrounds with your Sonos Beam as the Sonos App can only setup surrounds to your Beam using 2 of the same model Sonos products. I suggest going through the link I have provided to better understand how the system works.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. I’ll be more than happy to help out.

Thanks,

jrthorne,
No, the only speaker surrounds that can be ‘bonded’ to a Sonos HT device are Sonos, or Symfonisk, products.