Question

underwhelmed

• 1 December 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge
Ive been looking at the Sonos system for quite a while now, and when the playbase came out i know i was destined to buy one.

I bought a Playbase and two Play 1s. Set it up and was very impressed with the clarity and seperation of the system. However for the ammount of money that the system costs I couldnt believe how lacking in Bass the system is. Im templeted to buy a sub to see if that fixes the poor balance ( my opinion) of the set-up. However Im kinda dammed if I do and dammed if I dont. If buying a sub does fix the problem im gonna be very disapointed that i would have had to pay £2000 to get a decent sound. If buying a sub doesnt fix the problem im gonna feel confused as to how this system got such good reviews. Any suggestions anyone?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Buy the SUB. You'll be pleased.
Userlevel 1
I was the exact same. I though, how much more of a difference can the SUB make....IT MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE! Its worth every penny in my eyes.
Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Add the sub, no question. It transforms the sound especially in movies where depth of sound is so important. I bought my Paybar and thought there was something not quite right so within days bought the sub. Never regretted it. Do it!
Y
I was exactly the same, playbase and 2 play 1....it was nice, treble a bit harsh so after only a day i ordered the sub and wow, just wow....now the windows in my house shake if i pump it up, awesome. Should be illegal to run it without a sub 🙂 thats how much of a difference it makes, night versus day..
Badge
Thanks everyone. I've taken the advice given and the system now sounds perfect....Just a pity it costs so much money to get a good sounding system. Still not 100% sure i will keep it. :?:?